How to process claims with Apple devices
To process a claim with an iPhone or Apple Watch users can follow these easy steps.
- Patients can access their pass (digital card) from their Apple Wallet. This can be done on:
- an iPhone with Face ID or an Apple Watch – simply double click the side button.
- an iPhone with Touch ID – simply double click the home button from the lock screen.
- Patients can then select their health fund membership card from their Apple Wallet.
- Patients hold their device (iPhone or Apple Watch) near the terminal* reader.
If the patient has multiple members on their card they can get their Patient ID by tapping the ellipse (°°°) or from their health fund's app.
Now just start the claim transaction in the normal way!
*Please note: The Terminal must be active to read the digital card.
Need more help? Explore our detailded instructions on Find out processing a HICAPS transaction for iPhone or Apple Watches (PDF, 353KB).