Benefits of HICAPS to you and your practice
- All in one solution, offering private health fund claiming, EFTPOS, Medicare Easyclaim & lodgement of WorkSafe claims.
- HICAPS is the only health claims and payment service in Australia that offers the convenience of consolidated daily health fund payments & reporting on demand for all participating Health Funds.
- No establishment or annual fees.
- No call costs (HICAPS dials free call 1800 number for all transactions)
- 30 Day agreement
- No need to change current bank account arrangements to take advantage of HICAPS
- Guaranteed fast HICAPS & EFTPOS settlement payments direct to your nominated bank account
- Save on bank fees and charges (see cost savings example)
- Free consumables – Free terminal rolls and merchandising material
- Superior Technical Support - HICAPS has a specialised support Help Desk to handle all HICAPS & EFTPOS enquiries.
- Free installation, training* and ongoing maintenance - If a problem should occur with your HICAPS terminal, HICAPS is committed to providing our customers with fast and efficient service.
- Multi-Merchant Facility - EFTPOS settlement can be deposited into upto 26 separate bank accounts for individual practitioners for no extra cost.
- Practice Management System / HICAPS Interface Solution - The entire HICAPS transaction is completed within your Practice Management System at the same time as updating patient records. Learn more
- HICAPS Accounts Online allows you to view your HICAPS transactions and statements online and provides flexible reporting on demand. Learn more
- HICAPS Payment & Reconciliation solution. HICAPS, on behalf of a number of health funds that are participating in our Payment & Reconciliation solution, will credit one amount on each settlement day that represents the consolidated total of all of the HICAPS claims you have processed for those health funds. HICAPS is the only health claims provider that offers consolidated settlement for all participating Health Funds
- Medicare Easyclaim is a Medicare Australia initiative that allows your patients to lodge their Medicare claims and receive their rebates through the HICAPS terminal at your practice.
- WorkSafe Victoria - HICAPS now allows you to lodge your patients workers compensation claims via the terminal, which are then sent to WorkSafe for assessment.
- Quotation functionality - The HICAPS terminal provides quotation functionality that enables your patients to receive an estimate on their health insurance benefit before receiving their service. Not all health funds are currently participating in the quotation function. View full list of participating health funds in this function.
- Contactless Technology - Allows patients to make payments under $100 without having to input their pin.
- Broadband/Ethernet Connectivity - there is no need for an analogue phone line.
In conjunction with participating partners and health industry associations HICAPS is available to the following healthcare providers;
HICAPS is suitable for:
- Dentists - (including General Dentists, Endodontists, Periodontists, Prosthodontists, Paediatric Dentists)
- Dental Prosthetists
- Optometrists/Optical Dispensers
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Exercise Physiologists
Cost Savings with HICAPS
Did you know that HICAPS can save you money...HICAPS can help to reduce the practice's bank fees and charges that are normally associated with the running of a practice.
For example, when a claim transaction is processed through HICAPS there is no Merchant Service Fee (MSF) payable on the rebate amount. So, you can save money every time a patient** claims successfully using HICAPS.
Take a minute to see how this could work for you in your practice. To find out how this apply to your practice please call 1800 80 57 80 and talk to one of our consultants.
* Excludes some remote locations
**Patient is a member of HICAPS Participating Health Fund